Eight years ago when I started writing over at my first blog, Recover your Joy, I had no idea how powerful a force morning blogging would become in my life.
Since writing my first post, Scooping Up The Shadows on March 10, 2007, much has changed, much has evolved, shifted, opened up, expanded within me and all around me.
It was Mark Kolke at Musings, who encouraged me to write a post a day. Mark has written a daily blog for even more years than me and suggested I might enjoy the process of sitting down at the page every morning and writing it out. I thought I’d last a few months. I was wrong — which is another thing I’ve learned, don’t believe everything you think. Just because I tell myself I can’t, doesn’t mean it’s true.
In the intervening years since hitting PUBLISH on that first post, I’ve learned a great deal and grown in ways I never could have imagined.
- I have learned that I am my thoughts. If I want my writing to focus on what inspires, touches, moves me, I must align my thinking with what inspires, touches, moves me.
- I have learned to always write from my deepest beliefs. I believe, We are all miracles of life. Life is miraculous. We are all on this earth to live as our highest expression of love. We are here to be the sacred nature of our soul’s desire to express itself through our beauty, truth, holiness and divinity. We are the divine expression of amazing grace.
- I have learned that my thinking can keep me playing small, or open me up to magnificence. No one can change my thinking except me and the fastest way to get clear on what I’m thinking and where my thinking might be limiting me, is to write it out.
- I have learned to trust in the Universe. Life is filled with limitless possibilities and I am powerful beyond my wildest imaginings when I trust in the Universe. The Universe is not against me. The Universe just is. Always there, encouraging me to trust in the evolutionary impulse to evolve and grow and expand and become. To be all that I am when I let go of fearing the Universe is not with me. The Universe is with me. For me. Of me. It is in the best interests of humanity that I shine, that you shine, that we all be our greatest expression of Love in the world.
- I have learned to always choose Love over fear. Love is the answer. Love always wins. Love is the way. The path. The all of my being present in this moment right now joyfully embracing the rapture of now.
- I have learned that being courageous, curious and compassionate is the antidote to living in fear. Fear will always want to steal my peace of mind. I have the choice to not let it.
- I have learned that people are amazing. People make the world a better place.
- I have learned to celebrate the moment. Celebrate the small things and the big things. To live in gratitude and to celebrate the light and the darkness, the silence and the roar, the soft and the hard, the stillness and the craziness swirling all around.
- And, I have learned I am not alone. That no matter what I am feeling or experiencing, when I express myself from my heart, others reach back and touch me, inside and out, with their willingness to connect, to share, to be part of my journey and make me part of theirs.
All of this and more I have learned from writing a blog every morning (almost) for the past 8 years. Now that’s something to celebrate!