I am typing this post without the use of the middle and fourth finger on my right hand. I am hunting and pecking, and it’s slow.
I closed the big sliding garage door on the fingertips of my right hand yesterday.
It was an accident and after I screamed and pried the door apart to release my fingers the first thought in my mind, after “OUCH THAT HURT!” was, “I can’t believe I did that.”
But I had. Done that.
The transformer outside our house on the pole in the lane surged on Saturday. Fried our microwave, the power surge bar to my computer, and the electric motor to the garage door.
Hence why I was opening and closing it manually.
I debated going inside the house again to immediately put ice on it, but had a meeting to get to and drove off instead.
Only to discover, I had a flat tire.
I laughed. Couldn’t believe that either, but it was true.
And so, this post is short. There may not be a lot of posts the rest of the week either.
My fingertips need time to heal.
The moral of the story…
When power surges, pay attention. Don’t take shortcuts. Electricity can be dangerous. So can garage doors.
I could have gone back into the garage and used the handle to pull it down and then left via the person door. That’s how I’d opened the garage in the first place. Trying to do it the ‘faster’ way only created bigger pain.
As to the flat tire?